The question of whether to repair or replace a component of your air conditioning system is one that we hear often at Bell Plumbing and Heating. Just as with other parts of your air conditioner, deciding whether to replace or repair your thermostat in Parker requires you to take into account several factors.
Reasons to Consider Replacing Your Thermostat
- Repeated malfunctions – does your thermostat need a lot of repairs to keep working? A malfunctioning thermostat can cause a number of different problems with your air conditioner, including short-cycling.
- Age – is your thermostat more than 10 years old? Thermostats have come a long way over the last decade, and you may be missing out the benefits a new thermostat can offer you and your home.
- Precision – dial and slide thermostats tend to be off by 2-3 degrees because of imprecise face configurations. They also need calibrating, which, when inaccurate, can affect how the entire thermostat functions and impact your cooling and efficiency.
Benefits of a New Thermostat
- Better energy efficiency – the precision for temperature-setting that comes with a digital thermostat improves overall energy efficiency, which can save you money in your monthly utility bills.
- Better comfort – as mentioned previously, dial and slide thermostats can be off by 2-3 degrees. With the precision of a digital thermostat, the temperature you set is exact, which can increase your comfort level.
- Easier to use – the face of a digital thermostat is easily read and the buttons are intuitive, making them easy to use.
- Convenient – a programmable thermostat allows you to program for 7-day cycles that loop. You can set temperatures according to occupancy and times of day (such as day and night), removing the need to constantly change it yourself.
Is It Time to Replace Your Thermostat?
As the homeowner, you know best if it’s time to replace or repair your thermostat. Bell Plumbing and Heating has helped customers in Parker with their thermostat repair since 1926.
If you think it may be time to upgrade your thermostat, call us today and schedule an appointment with one of our thermostat installation experts.