If you’ve landed on this page, you probably are in a bit of a panic right now. Of the many things that can accidentally fall down a sink drain—toothpaste cap, children’s toy, buffalo head nickel, pills—nothing is more frightening than the thought of losing a wedding band. However, take a deep breath… there is a very good chance that you can recover your ring. And you can always call up professionals trained in drain cleaning in Denver, CO to help you out if the first steps don’t work.
We’ll walk you through the process of getting back that precious item. Bell Plumbing and Heating can come to your assistance when you can’t solve the situation on your own.
Call Your Denver Plumber Today
Steps to retrieve your wedding ring from your bathroom or kitchen sink:
- Don’t run any more water down the drain. Hopefully, the ring has stopped in the p-trap of the sink, and you don’t want to risk flushing it farther down the plumbing where it will be harder to retrieve.
- Place a bucket underneath the p-trap (that’s the curved section of pipe right underneath the sink). Place some towels or newspaper around the bucket because the next step will probably involve some spillage.
- Locate the access plug on the p-trap. Older pipes may not have this, and if they don’t then you’ll need to remove the p-trap with wrenches—and you should not attempt this on your own (in which case, jump to the last step on the list).
- Pull out the access plug. Water will pour into the bucket. Let all of it drain out, and then reach into the water and search for your ring.
- Replace the plug. Then run water through the pipe to make sure there are no leaks.
- If at first you don’t succeed, call a professional plumber. Don’t think that you’re “wasting their time”—plumbers recognize this as a emergency and are familiar with it. They have special tools that can reach into your plumbing to retrieve your lost ring.
We know you will want your ring back as soon as possible—your peace of mind is at stake. The Denver plumbers at Bell Plumbing and Heating, offer 24-hour emergency service, and losing your wedding ring… well, that definitely counts as an emergency. Call us when you can’t retrieve the ring on your own—or even before that—and we will put our skill from years of providing to work for you. And keep us in mind for all those other plumbing, HVAC and electrical problems you may encounter that aren’t quite as terrifying.